Monday, October 17, 2005
Tomorrow
we start the Asperger’s diagnosis journey. I have to go alone to the paediatrician as Michael had a job interview and wouldn't make it back in time. I sat here last night noting amendments to the speech pathologists observations that we spoke about when she gave me her report and it all becomes so overwhelming, he functions well now but how can I protect him from awful teachers and bullies, who will protect him if I don't. Will anyone care apart from us?

I'm going to ask for a referral to the child development centre, I think it is only at Princess Margaret hospital which is 45km from us, but if they take you all therapies are free and speech therapy is $75 a week right now and we are going to need OT as well for his eating, which is getting worse and worse. He did eat a piece of cheese yesterday; I came so close to crying it's not funny. He wanted to help make dinner so I had him cut the tomatoes and peel the carrot for the salad with me. He has no idea of what a knife will do if it cuts him but hates me guiding him in any way but in this I'm not giving in. Then this morning he burst into tears because I put orange on his plate.

We are off to morning tea this morning, I hope he has fun; it is great for me too as he plays really well with all the kids and it means I can sit and have a chat to the girls. As for Tuesday playgroup, I have given it a lot of thought and we won’t be going back next year.

Keep well
2 Comments:
Blogger Trish Reed said...
Hi Alli,
Be strong, and I will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well for you at the Peds, and I will be praying for you to get into that program.

Trish

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Heya Alli, BIG hugs!, hope all went well at the pediatrician yesterday and you got the referral, it sounds like a much cheaper option. Best of luck!