Sunday, March 08, 2009
memory dump
So you thought I had up and left didn't you. I can understand that it has been two weeks since I shared any amazingly exciting tid bits. It has been a mixture of being busy and doing just the everyday. We have had a birthday though, on the 25th of February my baby turned 7!!! Due to the bowling centre moving we booked his party for the weekend of march 7th, so glad we did. It was fantastic though, Alec bought along 4 of his little friends from school and they had a ball.


This is when Alec's friend Jack bowled a strike, there was much hugging yelling and squealing, they were so cute.


Look at that a brand new bowling centre


After bowling, food and cake we took the boys to the arcade,some of the games you won tokens you could redeem for prizes, well Michael was pretty good at this and we ended up with 100's of them. Alec spotted a bow and arrow set for 290 tickets and Riley spotted some green army men, we said no to the army men as we have 100 already and said he could have a bow and arrow set too. Then home time came and I had to get the boys back to be picked up, I left Michael behind with Riley as he needed another 50 tickets, Alec was a bit concerned but I assured him daddy would be coming home with his bow and arrow.


We all recovered nicely and Sunday was a day of rest. It was so nice to just spend the time together watching tv, playing games and doing computer. Alec loves the protability of the OLPC, this will be the computer he uses for school.


So yes I am still here, just haven't had much of an ability to put anything into words lately. I've started working out which of my 53 projects I want to work on left, oh make that 51 as I got two done on the weekend, sroted all my paper and made some stuff.. lurve making stuff I do.

On the weight loss front I have now lost 22kg (48.4lbs!!!) I am keeping track of everything with calorieking.com.au, I'm not sure I would be doing as well otherwise. Saw the doctor today and my HBA1C level is down from 7.9 5 months ago to a wonderful 6.3 (under 7 is controlled) and my bp was 115 over 65. I have no regrets I tell you, I have a goal and each week it is getting a little bit closer.

Until next time..

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Are these laptops available to buy?

Congrats on the weight loss i have been following your blog for ages and its so great to see such a huge loss 22kg is huge.

Blogger Lissy said...
Sounds like Alec had a great birthday :) And 22kg...fabulous :)

Blogger Sharon Manning said...
You have been busy! Happy belated birthday to Alec, love that photo of him. 22kgs! Fantastic. I'm off to check out Calorie King.