Friday, January 30, 2009
16 kilo's down
wow.. have a look at the photos below. The me on the left was taken on October 5th 2008, the right side me was taken January 23rd 2009.

I just can't believe the difference, I mean look at those arms, the puffy face and hands, that is a scary photo, especially the hair, so glad that went.


I have virtually no clothes to wear, I don't really care, I can live with few clothes. I think I will try and hold out buying any more until winter. Lissy has taken all my pants in and I don't think they can go in anymore. I have lost 16kg (35lbs) in 11 weeks with another 44 kg (97lbs) to go!!! I've had my first fill where they inject saline into the little pouches around the band, that has made eating interesting, I am almost off meat as I can't digest it, I am mainly on soup which is ok as I love soup. Unfortunately I can still eat potato chips, I am not going to buy anymore now as Michael is on his shake diet and has his banding in two weeks time. I am busily trying to work out what soups I can make with the contents of the pantry.

I have so much more energy, I don't blink at doing 6km power walks with my friend Ali and my diabetes has up and gone. This was a good decision. It is still hard work I have to watch serving sizes and not let bordom get the better of me and I still feel fat, which I am but I look so much better than I did so I keep telling myself how well I am doing and the support from Michael and my friends has been amazing, I am proud of myself.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations! I am off to see a surgeon in a week or so to organise lap banding surgery. Your positive results have made me ever more sure that I am doing the right thing.

Blogger Lynn said...
That is AWESOME! Keep up the good work. Get rid of the chips, they have too much salt on them and make you blow up anyway. Keep on walking it's the best exercise. Good luck with your continued success.

Blogger jillconyers said...
WTG Alli! YOu should be proud of yourself :)

Blogger Heather said...
Wow! Hooray for you! I'm so glad you are doing so well with this! Congrats!

Blogger Gigga said...
Hi Alli
Good on you. You look fantastic!
Congratulations. Keep up the great work.

Blogger Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...
What great journaling about your progress. I love your photos on the beach.

Blogger Lissy said...
The photos prove it but you are looking amazing! I am proud of you too my friend :) You are going to loose it all :)

Blogger Sharon Manning said...
Well done Alli! It's amazing how just a few kilos can make you feel so much better let alone 16. You look fantastic too! Keep up the good work :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You are amazing Alli and you look fantastic! Keep going for it girlfriend. Let me know if you want any soup recipies.Cheers, Karen Smith.