Monday, March 23, 2009
coffee, sailing and a little boy with a big heart
Wow what a big weekend. We had two fundraisers, one that Michael had organised with Kamran and Louise from Fiori coffee for the Autism Assoc and then on Sunday we went to the Royal Freshwater Bay Yatch Club for Doc on the Swan which is an event to raise money also for the WA Autism Association.
As you can see Riley went out on one of the spectator boats and absolutely loved. Unfortunately Alec wouldn't go on the boat. He had made his mind up days ago so I bought along provisions and the DS. Alec and I went for walks among the boats and he picked out a few that I am sure have a million dollar plus price tags that he said he would like.. I did ask what he wanted a boat for if he wouldn't get on.


They did have gorgeous grounds too and 3 different guns, Alec wanted to take them home I am sure, he loved climbing all over them, he also loved walking along the walls, which gave me major heart attacks as we were perched on a cliff and it was a straight fall down on the other side.


Alec did get on the boat when they came back, he froze on the stairs and yelled, I can't move I am scared of heights, Michael said look you are half way down you are fine, he said oh, I am too and climbed down, which is more than I could have done, I am terrible, especially with ladders! Michael said Riley was up and down the stairs every five minutes.



It was a long day and even though they put on a BBQ it is an hour drive home for us so we left at 6pm and picked up Hungry jacks for the boys on the way home, they loved that.

The day didn't end well though, at bed time Alec became very upset, he experienced regret, regret for not going on the boat, he was crying and almost inconsolable. Poor Riley kept comming out to tell me things so I went and had a little talk to him, I said, are you worried about Alec? he said he was, I told him I was worried about him too and I was sad that he was sad and what a good brother he was to be so concerned about him. I figure that while I can't explain the reason why Alec is different from him right now I can start talking to him about his feelings and what he can do when things worry him or when he worries about Alec.

A few months ago Riley came to me and told me that he would look after Alec forever. This little man has amazing insight and such a huge reseviour of compassion. It is not a roll I would ever push him into but from now we must give him guidance and attention and just talk to him. He can be such a serious little thing with such a huge heart.
3 Comments:
Blogger Lissy said...
Sounds like an eventful weekend...some good stuff, some challenges too...E thought it was great Riley went on a boat :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awww - what a sweetie Alec has for a brother!

Blogger Liz Hinds said...
Hi Alli, just popped over from Cafe Grendel. Good to meet you and hear your story. What a fantastic weight loss! Well done and good on you for persevering.

Your boys look lovely and what a sweet brotherly thing to say.