Tuesday, May 09, 2006
What day is it?
So this morning I called Claire Stewart from Express Publishing...(Scrapbooking Memories mag) to finalise some details for the Quilt and Craft Fair starting here on the 24th!!!!! I have three studio sessions a day to do, one on what it takes to be a Master (which makes me roll around laughing every time I say it) one on patterned paper which Claire tells me I have Larissa to thank for but that is ok because I asked Di (Scrapbooking to Di For) if she would be my sponsor so to speak and supply some product for me to make samples to pass around at the show, then my third studio session is on my time capsule that was in the mag a month or so ago.

I've decided it is all pretty exciting now, what I am looking for now is a volunteer to look at my power point presentation (you will need broad band before you volunteer) cause I sure don't want to get up and look like a total twit that is for sure. So if any one is interested let me know.

We have survived our second week of EI (early intervention) for Alec, a wonderful mum of one of the little guys Alec goes to kindy with asked if I would like her to take Riley while we go to the centre Monday's, it was such a wonderful offer and Monday Riley slept for 3 hours so he was really easy to look after. Alec is loving 'gym' which is what we are calling the OT sessions, except he thinks we are going to 'Jim's'. He just has great fun, his whole face lights up and whoops and squeals with delight, so those things are going really well, he has developed a few nervous habits like pulling his fingers and flicking his teeth when he gets anxious, he still isn't eating much, nothing before 4pm then at 4pm he will eat 3 Sao crackers with vegemite and some sultanas.

Last night we had some cuddle time with Riley, Michael called me out, it was about 9pm and he was singing along to their CD, it was nice having some quiet time with him, beats the usual rush and his usual 2 y.o behaviour, it leaves a lot to be desired right now, I'm tired of hearing, 'no I not naughty, youuuuuuuuu naughty' to be quiet honest with you, then there was the huge tantrum about getting dressed, he wanted to stay in his pajamas and ended up taking them along with him

oh well.. Off to cook myself some dinner, it is 7:15 and no sign of Michael yet but with revolving ministers and the budget tonight I didn't expect him home terribly early.

keep well
3 Comments:
Blogger Chris Millar said...
Hi Alli! I would love to take a look at your powerpoint show if you're still looking for someone. cmmillar@optusnet.com.au
Glad the EI centre is going well and that that kind mother offered to look after Riley! How sweet!

Blogger Justine said...
Hi Alli! I would also be more than happy to check out your powerpoint presentation (even though I will be lucky enough to see it many times at the Fair!) I just have to finish off some samples and I think I'm all ready too!(No powerpoint presentation for me....I'm not so good at those things) I am also very excited now too! So very happy to hear that Alec is progressing well....super news!

Blogger domestic goddess said...
Happy to cast an eye over the power point Alli (be nice to brag to the Scrappi Dais girls that I saw it before them lol!!)
So glad the the early intervention is reaping some rewards for you guys. Despite the hard work of getting there each time, it will pay off immensley in the long term......chat soon
Kim