Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Rebel Yell!!
I love my camera! oops better clarify something... I love my dad's canon rebel that I have 99.9% of the time, which now more or less makes it mine I think.. He bought it about a year ago with much promting from Michael and I, I mean we wanted the right camera after all.

I've been starting to teach myself more about the manual settings and the other night when we went to check on the boys, they both looked so cute we grabbed the tripod and took some photos. These were taken in raw format with the shutter open for 30 seconds, the different coloured light was made by Michael shinning a small torch in different places. Now when I opened them they were almost completely black with a few spots of red but by playing with the light settings in raw format you can get this


I was very impressed!

Megan posted a photo site she uses to get her photos done and I saw they did 30cm width photos 30x10 for $3.99!!!!!!! so as soon as I can decide what I want printed I am going to try them out, they are called bigphoto.com.au. I still do all my own printing for scrapping and I'm just loving the Illford pearl paper, the photos from the Rebel just look amazing on it!
2 Comments:
Blogger domestic goddess said...
how cool are those photos - Ali that is brilliant work - might have to pull the tripod out tonight!!!! they look great.......

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Terrific photos. Kids are so cute when sleeping. You did a great job using manual settings on the camera.

Wishing you a safe and happy Easter. Take care and have fun.