Sunday, October 08, 2006
Donna Downey - Trash to Treasure: toilet paper tubes
Donna Downey has her new newsletter out, The Creative Playground each month she is posting a challenge and this month it was toilet rolls. She was right I spent a few days coming up with ideas of what to do with the humble roll, as it would happen instead of having 28 of them laying around I had 3! So instead of the butterflied covered extravaganza I was planning I did slices, I love it though it is little and cute, it measures 14cm square and I am going to use it as an inspiration folder.

For some reason Michael was quiet emphatic about never slicing toilet rolls on the scroll saw again. I'm standing watching saying you can get another slice out of that one and I got 'the look'

Labels:

6 Comments:
Blogger Lauren said...
WoW this is amazing Ali. I'm loving it!!! ROFL! Have a great week, Lauren x

Blogger imanewbierunner said...
This is really cool!

Blogger "Grendel" said...
One more slice and I could've given you the finger!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very clever :) Looks superb IRL too!!

Blogger Marjolein said...
This is so cool!! Love how you did it, loved Dendel's story:-)

Blogger ~TinaW~ said...
This is so cute.......The finger might of looked cute right there in the middle roll ;)
What is an inspirational folder? (Forgive a digi scrapper here)