Friday, April 13, 2007
is this cute or what!

I realise many will be saying.. or what? these are my first poppet type thing, I have the family poppets sitting on my desk, they are a tiny bit scary.

This is all part of a double canvas for Buzz and Bloom, I will let you know when it goes up, it will come with full instructions and techniques.

I'm mostly spending my day checking my assets each time I get up to make sure whatever it is I have glued isn't stuck to my bum! I'm enjoying these projects, makes me have to think and learn and try new things. And plan, I sketched this out several times before I was happy, then after I had made my poppets I had to send Michael out for bigger canvas', I don't do small well at all.

So anyway I am having fun, off to see what is best to do colour washes on canvas before I sketch my design on.
6 Comments:
Blogger Sharon Manning said...
Alli, this looks awesome, I can't wait to see it finished!
Check out your own assets now eh!!
Sharon
xxx

Blogger Jen said...
Yes it it so cute!!!! You sound like you were having alot of fun with this.Cant wait to see it finished. Have a wonderful week-end. Hope school hols are going well for you. How is your room going now? Luv Jenxxx

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ooo that is so cute!! Cool idea.

Blogger Chris Millar said...
Alli this is so cute!!!

Blogger Ev said...
this looks great, I can almost reach in and open the car door to find a poppet driving LOL. As for colour washes for canvas - any old paint (I like golden or Jo Sonja) Watercolour pencils scribbled on then washed over with water, kids acrylics, anything really...even dye of any sort. It depends on what you are trying to achieve really.

Blogger Lauren said...
Hi Ali,

this is really cute. I haven't given it a go yet but you might have just inspired me to have a bit of a play today.

Enjoy your week,

Lauren x