Saturday, April 07, 2007
End of Term
Thursday was the last day of term for us, I am so looking forward to the break. As Alec is at Catholic School it wasn't surprising that they put on a Passion Play. The kids were just gorgeous and Alec has been singing the songs long since the assembly was over.

He remembered all the words and did all the right actions, I was very proud of him. This term he has made more advancements, his command of language and the social structure he has made for himself is working. At first glance you would never be able to tell he was autistic, it is only after you listen for a little that you can pick up on the way he puts phrases together from things he has heard others say, but you know this is a good thing, he is learning his shortcomings and finding ways around them.

I've revovered from the flu pretty quickly but I had 2 full days in bed, which was ok as I got to catch up on Stargate and Stargate Atlantis.
3 Comments:
Blogger Sharon Manning said...
I am so pleased for you that Alec has made progress this term and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and looking forward to the holidays as I am too, fewer early mornings, YAY!

Your layouts look great in the previous post....you have been busy!

Have a great easter.
Sharon
xxx

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Holidays are such a blessing I cant wait till they start here.

Enjoy the break Alli and happy happy easter.

Blogger Lissy said...
Great you are feeling better!

And yay for Alec doing so well :)