Saturday, April 07, 2007
Lots of photos
These are all layouts I have made using the principals I teach in my "lots of photos" class, I hated doing events, big gatherings, parties, I just couldn't get my head around making all the photos looking good together, I am a real signle photo scrapper at heart. Then I though about where I came from, what was my artistic background, so I applied the rules I knew about colour and design I had learnt from graphic and web design.. then all of a sudden they were easy!

You know what though, the biggest buzz I got from the weekend was helping the girls, picking papers, organising photos and matching colours.I love teaching, watch this space because as soon as the studio is finished I will be doing classes from home!

So this is my formula, works beautifully with 6x4 photos and some either cropped or printed to 2x3 and NO embellishment or you can embellish to your hearts content, I use the actual layout of the photos and the journaling as the embellishment, follow the rule of thirds, in this case 1/3 is always 'white' space or empty space, it helps frame the photos and isn't such a jumble that nothing stands out, select a focal picture, place it on the left page (depending on which way your subjects are facing.. don't forget that one!) and tell the story.. All four of these layouts follow the same rules!




4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love the lots of photos layouts. Great idea!

Blogger Kerilou said...
Great layouts! I don't use as many photos as I should sometimes..thanks for showing these, and glad you are feeling better! Kerilou

Blogger Jen said...
Thanks Ali for the Tip, I have heaps of photos to scrap that need to be on the same lay-out, now I know which way I can do it. How great will that be, you teaching on-line. Hope your room is finished soon lol...
Glad to hear you are feeling better. The play looked like alot of fun for the kids, dont you love how they walk around the house singing the songs they have learnt!
Check in with you soon xxxJenxx

Blogger Lissy said...
Great layouts Alli :)