Wednesday, May 07, 2008
twopeas wednesday blogger challenge
Challenge~ Is creating "beautiful art" more important than the process of creating?

Well lately I haven't been seeing much art in my work as I go through the creative process. When I MUST do something I feel stressed and unsure during the process. Then at other times it all just flows out and I love the process and the finished product.

I really think that the process is just as important as the finished product, I love things I enjoyed making more than ones that stressed me out and I think it shows too.

Even though we usually don't share the steps we took to create something I think they are an important part for us, what made you decide on those colours? what made you choose that paint? how did you know those things would work? these are the things I ask when I see art that makes me go wow. Those were all the questions that went through my head when I saw THIS by Saturn_art / Michelle Clement This is art, what I love most is what she has done with the bubble wrap, this page is so alive, I want more of that life in my work

Labels:

4 Comments:
Blogger Staci said...
Thought provoking post! TFS.

Blogger Lissy said...
Yep I agree sometimes things juat come together and you love them and other times they are a struggle...her page certainly is fabulous :)

Blogger mborrero said...
Thanks for sharing these thoughts..

Living as a life artist

Blogger Sandra Collins said...
I agree about asking those questions - they often pop into my head when I finds a piece of art that captivates me