Monday, April 21, 2008
the good-bye bags
I am really proud of myself at this moment and also very sad.

For some reason I have a real problem parting with my boys clothes. Today I am sending these bags of clothes to the salvo's.
In there are my maternity clothes, the last of the baby clothes, in fact there is almost a full bag of size 0000 - 0, Riley is 4 but I just couldn't part with them. Even last years winter clothes they had out grown. It is done now and I am even half way through my own cupboard, I really am a pack rat and this was good for me. I know that once it is gone I wont miss it, it was just hard, I kept bringing out little clothes I found to show Michael he would just smile, but when it came to shipping off a couple of his old tigger jumpers he was very reluctant, they have been put aside for now and I will have to work on him some more.

oh and why the good-bye bags, well Riley had started pulling some baby toys out of one of the bags and I told him where they were going and told him they were the good-bye bags and he was good with that, then he saw Alec's tigger and said tigger isn't going in the good-bye bag is he? I said no, he is staying home with us and then he said, well where are the staying home bags them mum
3 Comments:
Blogger Lissy said...
It is hard to part with isn't it :)

Blogger Heather said...
The first time I did this with my little ones clothes (just put them away) I got teary eyed! It is so cleansing to purge once in a while though!

Blogger Theresa said...
Totally understand. I still have a few of my DS's outfits and he's 25!