Monday, March 30, 2009
coffee beans, cat poo and great friends
Sometimes something in your life has such a huge impact on you that you are moved to feel strongly and want to take action. For me that was coming in contact with the Western Australian Autism Association Early Intervention Program. This program changed our lives, it taught us so much about Alec and how to help him.

I would do anything for them!

Over the last 4 years we have run events to raise much needed funds for them, we have done 2 terrifically successful crop days made so by my amazing friends, I remember standing in my kitchen watching 5 women making baby quiche and pastries for the crop day and feeling such amazing gratitude that they would do this for me and some very generous scrappers, we have done coffee for a cause and now our friend Kamran and Louise from Fiori coffee have stepped up and held three events with all proceeds going to the Early Intervention Centre.

Last year Kamran was given an amount of Kopi Luwak coffee beans. Kamran offered them as a fundraising idea and over the last two weekends that gesture came to fruition in the form of coffee tastings at Entendre in Shafto Lane on march 21st and 2 sessions at the Fiori roastery on Saturday the 28th. On Saturday we packed up the boys and helped out, it is amazing how many glasses you go through for a coffee tasting, Michael said it was 180 glasses per session I think.

Alec and Riley set up amongst the beans and played safari or took turns on the computer, They very reluctantly came home with me at 2pm and Michael stayed and helped out for the afternoon session.

Kamran and Louise, thank you so much for everything you put into these events, we can never thank you enough.
3 Comments:
Blogger Lissy said...
You have worked very hard at fund raising and should be proud of yourselves...not many people do such things :) and what is cat poo in the title refering too...lol..

Anonymous Creative Junkie said...
I'm so happy you've got such a good support network.

The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Blogger gm glimmerglass said...
The coffee tasting is an ingenious fundraiser! I'm always looking for idea to raise $$$ for my child's Diabetes team. Mind if I borrow this?

I love the pic of your boys amidst all of those beans.

Bet it smells like heaven!

Have a great day and congrats on the weight loss. You look so happy in your snazzy new outfit!