Monday, April 07, 2008
searching for a spark
of inspiration, mainly to stop me sitting and mulling over things I don't want to do.

I am masterful at avoiding confrontations, I use avoidance diplomacy, no one knows I need to speak to them about something so no feathers get ruffled, perfect situation. Not when you are the primary advocate for your child. I have had to shed my reluctance to offend and be able to say HEY!! I'm not happy about this, what are we going to do?

Alec's school situation has been bothering me and now I have all the facts I have to act. Apart from the initial registering of concern I have, it will then be schools turn to come back with a pretty good reason why or hopefully an open invitation to some dialogue and I get Alec what he needs.

Definitely something I couldn't have done two years ago, one thing the parent education days the Autism assoc run teach you is you are it, you are your child's primary advocate, I am just thankful I still have them as a life line, we wouldn't be where we are today without them.

Only 3 more days of school after today and then holidays! I'm starting to tee up play dates already to get us out of the house and I think some trips to the park will be included, the big playground wont be there much longer so we might as well make the most of it.

Scrapping wise I have ideas for a few mini albums but lack the drive, I am thinking of doing a combined honour certificate/school photo album as Alec has 3 certificates now and I'm hoping more are on the way over the next 12 years, I just need a bind it all, might add it to my birthday wish list.
1 Comments:
Blogger Beach Gal said...
I want a Bind it All too!!!