Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Ouch!
here I was thinking I was earning good mummy points by taking the boys to the park on their bikes this afternoon. We hadn't been there two minutes and I see Riley take a tumble, I called out to him to see if he is ok because it looked like he got quiet a jolt, he calls out he is fine and the next thing I hear another little boy yelling out.. no he isn't there is blood dripping from his chin!!

If only it had just been drips, it was pouring out of a very large hole under his chin!!!!! I scooped him up and took him to the steps and tried laying him down, whenever he gets hurt he goes into denial.. no no I am fine leave it alone no don't look at it. I wrestled him back and another mum at the park hands me a wad of paper towel.. I'm glad she was there.

Luckily across the road from the park lives a little girl in Alec's class so I carried him over and thankfully Jo was home, there was still blood pouring out and Riley is looking very worried but is far more cooperative now and we were able to get a nice big dressing on it.

We retrieved the bikes and Jo kindly drove us home, Riley is now ensconced on the lounge with he blankie, some chocolate buttons and an ice pack and I have finally stopped shaking too!

He told me he can't smile anymore, not that I would ask for a smile when the major component of the photo is blood!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:
Blogger Sandra Collins said...
poor little guy - hope he heals quick

Blogger Lissy said...
ouch...it's ok you can still have some good mummy points :)

Blogger Heather said...
Oh my! So glad there were others to help you! You did well. I would have passed out from all the blood!

Blogger Charleen said...
can't smile anymore? poor guy.

Blogger A Wonderful World said...
A male friend of mine says he used to grind dirt into his wounds as a kid so he'd have scars to show!

He so does not look happy with you for taking that picture! Boys! :)

Blogger Lily said...
Ouch, poor guy! Isn't it awful when you see your kids hurt?