Monday, December 08, 2008
day seven and eight
comfort is still eluding me. Saturday we made the florentines for the teachers and work colleagues chrissy gifts, 120 of them! This was good as it kept me on my feet, upright seemed to be the only comfortable position I could find, I even staggered around the block a few times.


If you would like the recipe Michael has posted the recipe over at cafe grendel

The best thing happened though, my friend Kim who I hadn't seen for a few months replied to my post... she had had banding done too!!! waving to Kim!!!!! so Saturday I talked to Kim for ages on the phone, thank you so much Kim I feel so much better now, you see by day 3 I was having buyers remorse, what had I done!! was I bloody crazy, I had ruined my life, I was cancelling Christmas, swimming lessons and our trip to Busselton! That is my coping mechanism, cancel everything and withdraw. Now I am on track and looking forward to moving forwards and going clothes shopping in a month or so!! my clothes are loose and I will just have to hitch them up all day for the time being but I might treat myself before we go on holiday.

So Sunday we even went shopping, I love Sunday trading we so need it all the time. I picked up everything on sale with 30-40% off everything I bought, my kind of shopping. I bought some new sheets for the boys beds, some red quilt covers to match their red pirate wall and lots of nice comfy play shorts for them. Then last night I finally got a good sleep, it took lots of pillows but it worked, today we are off to Riley's final session of Gymbaroo, I can't believe school will be over in a week and a half, Alec woke up at 7:40 this morning, they are getting tired.
5 Comments:
Blogger NailNewbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger I'm Jen. said...
Glad you are feeling better about the surgery. Tell Michael I looked over his recipe but I couldn't decipher the Aussie speak. Sultanas?

Blogger "Grendel" said...
Sultanas are small sweet dried grapes - smaller and lighter in colour than raisins and from a different variety of grape.

Alternatively sultanas are also the wives of sultans. . .

Blogger Gigga said...
Hi Alli
Glad to hear that you are getting better. You go girl!
Hope to see the "new" you in Hyden in March..
Gigga

Blogger suzitee said...
What a brave decision to make Ali. I am so glad that you are feeling a little better, and getting some sleep...very important!
Look after yourself :)