Tuesday, December 16, 2008
School is finished!
Wow where has the year gone!!! It started with the usual anxieties and settled down to be a wonderful year with a few bumps but over all I am happy with it. The boys had wonderful teachers and that was the saddest thing knowing that our time with them has ended and will change, our wonderful aide Helen will be with us again next year so that is always a comfort and Alec had the same teacher in pre-primary that he will have in year two and our IEP (individual education programme) meeting was so positive I have high hopes for the new year.

They had a class Christmas party today and everyone bought a plate, I made a suggestion to Alec but he already knew what he wanted me to do... marshmallows, tiny teddy biscuits, sultanas, cheesy crackers and vegimite sandwiches, Alec's entire range of food all in the one place. We put aside a little of each for him because I have seen those kids go for food, you risk life and limb getting between them and party food so we made sure Alec wouldn't miss out.

My boys are ready for holidays and so am I, I will miss everyone but I am planning a few bbq's so we can all get together and now as of today I am excited about decorating the house on Saturday, I can't wait to get the decorations out and for the tree to arrive!